TOWN OF SEYMOUR BOARD MEETING Vol. 31 Page 05
A Special Meeting of the Seymour Town Board was held Monday; March 12, 2018 at 5:30 pm. Notice was posted at, Seymour Town Hall, Township Fire Dept. Station 1- Seymour, and at www.townofseymour.orgunder “Agendas”.
Board members present were Douglas Kranig, Chair; Sheila Running, Supervisor; and Gary Schulenberg, Supervisor. Also present were Kerry Parker, Roads and Buildings Supervisor, Sue Larson, Clerk/Treasurer; and Laura Konwinski, Deputy Clerk Treasurer. Also present were Dave Pantzlaff and Dan Sydow from Ayres Associates and six (6) residents that own land that will be affected by the Tower Drive - Five Mile Creek Culvert Replacement Project.
Chair Kranig called the regular meeting to order at 5:30 p.m.
Chair Kranig introduced the representatives from Ayres Associates and indicated that the
proposal is to replace the current 2 – 5 foot pipes with a larger box culvert and to then resurface Tower Drive. The cost of the project will be eligible for 50% funding through the county Bridge Aid Program. The representatives from Ayres Associates reported the following:
· Field Survey has been conducted earlier this year
· The DNR has been contacted regarding the proposed project, but they have not meet with the Army Corp of Engineers yet
· Soil boring will be needed yet
· Anticipate construction late summer/early fall
· Ayres will be responsible for the bidding process
· Construction period is anticipated to be 6 weeks with the road closed during this period
· The proposed culvert will need to be 130 feet versus the current 98’.
· The town right of way will need to be adjusted because of the proposed elevation and the new culvert length – this can be done via permanent limited easements or acquisition.
· Minimum recommendation from Ayres on culvert size was an 8’ x 5’ that they indicated would cut the output velocity in half.
· A public informational meeting will need to be held once final scope of project is determined
The landowners present expressed concerns/opinions regarding:
· Proposed shoulder widths and whether there would be bike/walking lanes or not
· The need for as much guard rail as there currently is in this area
The Board asked Ayres Associates to prepare their cost estimates and planning for the project based on a 10’ x 10’ culvert versus an 8’ x 5’ culvert. The county recently installed a 12’ x 10’ culvert upstream from Tower Drive on Highway Q and they did not believe that an 8’x 5’ would be sufficient.
Dave Pantzlaff indicated that they will take the information from the meeting today and prepare their letter of recommendation including a solid cost estimate.
Meeting adjourned at 6:30 pm
Respectfully submitted by:
Sue Larson, Clerk Treasurer