TOWN OF SEYMOUR BOARD MEETING Vol. 31 Page 06
A meeting of the Seymour Town Board was held Monday; March 12, 2018. Notice was posted at, Seymour Town Hall, Township Fire Dept. Station 1- Seymour, and at www.townofseymour.orgunder “Agendas”.
Board members present were Douglas Kranig, Chair; Sheila Running, Supervisor; and Gary Schulenberg, Supervisor. Also present were Kerry Parker, Roads and Buildings Supervisor, Sue Larson, Clerk/Treasurer; and Laura Konwinski, Deputy Clerk Treasurer. Also in attendance were Jason Woodford and Deb Halvorson from the Seymour Ball Club
Chair Kranig called the regular meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Supervisor Running moved to approve the minutes from the February 12, 2018 Town Board Meeting, as presented. Supervisor Schulenberg seconded the motion carried. Motion carried 3-0.
GENERAL PUBLIC – None
FINANCIAL REPORT – Sue Larson reviewed the financial report with the Board. Report is attached and made a part of the record.
Chair Kranig asked to move to Item 9(g) on the agenda – Seymour Ball Club report. No objections.
Jason and Deb provided the following report:
· Registration is now complete and there were over 300 kids registered
· Baseball will have 12 teams
· Softball will have 10 teams
· T Ball will have 12 teams – up from 7 teams last year
· Practice to start April 1st
· They are working on survey for ball diamond and shed areas. Trees have been taken down between Fields 1 and 2.
· Non residents are paying a slightly higher registration fee now than Town of Seymour residents to participate in the program.·
ROADS REPORT– Roads Supervisor Parker provided the following report:
· They’ve been burning the large brush pile
· Road weight limits were put on as of today
· Looking at doing some tree trimming of trees in road right of way
· 6 large pines need to be removed on Tower Drive
· No cost estimates back yet on reshingling of Rec Building roof
· Proposed Road Bid specifications were reviewed. Changes made to proposal based on Tower Drive Project not being done until fall. Will need to let Tower Drive settle through the winter and pave the following year. Discussion of possible other projects to include for 2018. Bid advertisements will need to be put in paper this week.·
BUILDING INSPECTOR REPORT – Building Inspector Hankel was not present.
Chair Kranig asked to move to the New Business section of the agenda. No objections
Temporary Class B License for Eau Claire Regional Arts Council Events – A motion was made by Chair Kranig to approve the Temporary Class B License for Eau Claire Regional Arts Council events (ECRAC) to be held on June 23, 2018 and October 6, 2018 at 14008 Olson Drive, Fall Creek, WI. Motion seconded by Supervisor Schulenberg. Motion carried.
Temporary Operator’s License for Lucas LaBerge A motion was made by Supervisor Schulenberg and seconded by Supervisor Running to approve the temporary Operator’s License for Lucas LaBerge to work at the ECRAC events on June 23, 2018 and October 6, 2018. Motion carried
Review of Proposed CSM-2018-05 The board reviewed the information submitted by the Eau Claire Planning and Development office regarding the proposal to split a lot on Books Drive owned by Pamela Loveline into two separate lots. The Board did not have any concerns/objections to this proposal.
Ayres Contract for Environmental Monitoring of Landfill A motion was made Chair Kranig to approve the Landfill Monitoring Budget for Ayres Associates at a cost of $2050 for 2018. Motion seconded by Supervisor Running. Motion carried.
Consideration of adopting an ordinance for reimbursement for Fire Calls on County and State Highways Chair Kranig reported that when the Township Fire Dept responds to an accident on a State Highway and the people involved don’t have insurance, we are able to get reimbursed for costs via the State up to $500 per incident. The State Statutes 60.557 also allows for the same type of reimbursement on county roads, but the funds would need to be paid by the County and the limit is $200. Chair Kranig reported that the Fire Chief, Jack Running is working on a draft ordinance that the Board may want to consider at a future date.
Agenda Item 8(a) – Town Code Book Review – Chapter 2, Division 1 (Law Enforcement), and Chapter 3 – Animal Control were reviewed by the board with recommendations for changes made. The clerk was instructed to have the Fred Hankel review Chapter 4, Building Code for his recommendations before next meeting.
COMMUNICATIONS/ ITEMS FOR NEXT MONTH’S AGENDA
Next Board meeting dates set for Monday, April 2, 2018 to open Road Bids and the Regular Monthly Meeting to be held on Monday, April 9, 2018
Vouchers Approved 32847 to 32898
Motion to adjourn at 8:04 pm
Respectfully submitted by:
Sue Larson, Clerk Treasurer