TOWN OF SEYMOUR BOARD MEETING Vol. 30 Page 24
A meeting of the Seymour Town Board was held Monday; September 11, 2017. Notice was posted at, Seymour Town Hall, Township Fire Dept. Station 1- Seymour, and at www.townofseymour.orgunder “Agendas”.
Board members present were Chair Douglas Kranig, Sheila Running, Supervisor; and Gary Schulenberg, Supervisor. Also present were Sue Larson, Clerk/Treasurer; Laura Konwinski, Deputy Clerk/Treasurer; Kerry Parker, Roads Supervisor and Fred Hankel, Building Inspector. There were 19 area residents in attendance.
Chair Kranig called the regular meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited
A correction was made to the August 14, 2017 Board Meeting minutes and a motion was then made by Supervisor Schulenberg to approve the minutes of the August 14, 2017 Board Meeting, as corrected. Supervisor Running seconded the motion. Motion carried 3 -0.
GENERAL PUBLIC –Kathy Campbell of 7655 Burnell Drive, representing herself as well as 8 other area residents, came before the board to request an item be added to a future board meeting agenda to address limiting truck traffic on town roads.
Chair Kranig asked to skip to Roads Supervisor Report on the agenda. No objections. Road Supervisor Parker reported on the following:
· Tires on the tractor have been replaced
· Received estimate for crackfilling on the tennis court – approximately $4050, won’t be able to do until next Spring.
· Parker was instructed to proceed with the chipsealing on 135th and to bill the business responsible for the damage to that road, the cost of repairs, less $1000.
· Estimated cost for the culvert replacement on Tower Drive for 2018 will be about $258,050, half of which would be covered by Bridge Aid, which is a reimbursable program so we would need to cover entire cost to begin with. This amount does not include the paving.
Chair Kranig then asked to skip to Item 9 (c) on the agenda “Resolution to Apply for 2018 Bridge Aid for Culvert Replacement Project on Tower Drive. The proposed resolution was reviewed and a few changes were made. A motion was made by Supervisor Running to adopt Resolution 17-04, “A Resolution Authorizing the Town of Seymour to apply to the County of Eau Claire for Bridge Aid for Culvert Replacement on Tower Drive over Five Mile Creek”, as amended. Motion seconded by Supervisor Schulenberg. Motion carried 3-0.
Chair Kranig asked to move to Item 8(a) on the agenda, Concerns with Storm Water Drainage in St. Francis East and West Development. Chair Kranig reported that Roads Supervisor Parker along with a local excavator walked the St. Francis Development, with the permission of the owner, Neil Haselwander, to determine if the water was flowing through the wetland areas as intended. They were able to observe that the water is flowing in the correct direction, even though it is being slowed by some of the overgrown vegetation. The Town of Seymour is not responsible for dredging out this area on private property. Chair Kranig also reported on conversations he had with Rod Eslinger from the Eau Claire County Planning and Development who indicated that they are receiving several similar complaints about excess stormwater in other residential developments in the county as well and that this is not an isolated incident. Chair Kranig will ask the homeowners on the east side of St. Francis Drive East that have pipes running directly into the culvert under the road to move their pvc pipes back from the culvert, but they can still drain to the ditch.
BUILDING INSPECTOR REPORT –Building Inspector Hankel reported on current activity. He would like to start using the new on-line building permit system required by the state for new homes, sometime in October. We will need to get a link on our website for this.
Chair Kranig asked to move to item 9(b) on the agenda – Hunting and Archery Permits
· A motion was made by Supervisor Schulenberg and seconded by Supervisor Running to approve the Archery Permit for William Fitzmaurice of 1182 S. 42nd ave. Motion carried.
· A motion was made by Supervisor Schulenberg and seconded by Supervisor Running to approve the Archery Permit for Matthew Smith of 5273 Olson Drive. Motion carried.
· A motion was made by Supervisor Running and seconded by Supervisor Schulenberg to approve the Archery Permit for Jacob Pipito of 1851 McKinley Road. Motion carried
· A motion was made by Supervisor Running and seconded by Supervisor Schulenberg to approve the Archery Permit for Douglas Bonnin of 3228 North Shore Drive. Motion carried.
· A motion was made by Supervisor Schulenberg and seconded by Supervisor Running to approve the Archery Permit for Art Zwiefelhofer of 4202 Parkwood Drive. Motion carried
· A motion was made by Supervisor Running and seconded by Supervisor Schulenberg to approve the Archery Permit for Patrick Forrest of 3812 Tower Drive. Motion carried.
· A motion was made by Supervisor Running and seconded by Supervisor Schulenberg to approve the Archery Permit for Dale Spatz of 913 Lockwood Ct. Motion carried
· A motion was made by Supervisor Schulenberg and seconded by Supervisor Running to approve the Archery for David Franz of 4701 Olson Drive. Motion carried
· A motion was made by Supervisor Schulenberg and seconded by Supervisor Running to approve the Archery Permit for Robert Bartlett of 3520 Tower Drive. Motion carried.
· No action was taken on an Archery Permit from Dale Larson as he was not present at the meeting.
FINANCIAL REPORT – Sue Larson reviewed the financial report with the Board. Report is attached and made a part of the record.
Chair Kranig asked to move to Item 9(a) on the agenda – Conditional Use Permit #CUP-0013-17 for Jacob’s Well. Representatives from Jacob’s Well came before the board to explain their expansion and to answer questions on the proposal. A motion was made by Chair Kranig and seconded by Supervisor Running to notify the Eau Claire County Planning and Development that the Town of Seymour does not object to the approval of the Conditional Use Permit #CUP-0013-17 for Jacob’s Well. Motion carried.
Chair Kranig asked to move to Item 9 (d) on the agenda – ATV Routes on Town Roads. Representatives from the Lundington Four Wheeler ATV Club came before the board to request certain town roads be designated as ATV routes to enable Town of Seymour residents to easier access the Ludington trails. A motion was made by Chair Kranig to designate the following roads as authorized ATV trails and that the Ludington Four Wheeler ATV Club will be responsible for the posting of all signs:
Rossman Road from County Road K to 140th Ave
140th Ave from Rossman to Oak Knoll Drive
Oak Knoll Drive from 140th to 150th Ave.
Motion seconded by Supervisor Schulenberg. Motion carried.
Item 8 (b) – Property Insurance Quotes– The clerk reported that we have not received any quotes yet for the property insurance for 2018. She was instructed to also contact Spectrum Insurance for a possible quote.
Item 8 (c) – 2018 Budget Planning – The Board did a “line by line” review of the draft 2018 budget and made some proposed changes. Budget to be updated and reviewed at October meeting.
Item 8(d) – Town Code Book Review – no action taken.
COMMUNICATIONS/ ITEMS FOR NEXT MONTH’S AGENDA
Next regular Board meeting date set for Monday, September 11, 2017
VOUCHERS APPROVED – A motion was made by Chair Kranig to approve the vouchers itemized in the Cash Disbursements Journal and Payroll Journal for the period August 15th through September 11, 2017. Motion seconded by Supervisor Running. Motion carried.
Motion to adjourn at 9:15 pm
Respectfully submitted by:
Sue Larson, Clerk Treasurer