TOWN OF SEYMOUR BOARD MEETING Vol. 30 Page 5
A meeting of the Seymour Town Board was held Monday; March 13, 2017. Notice was posted at, Seymour Town Hall, Township Fire Dept. Station 1- Seymour, and at www.townofseymour.orgunder “Agendas”.
Board members present were Chair Douglas Kranig, Sheila Running, Supervisor; and Gary Schulenberg, Supervisor.. Also present were Sue Larson, Clerk/Treasurer, Laura Konwinski, Deputy Clerk/Treasurer; Kerry Parker, Roads Supervisor and Fred Hankel, Building Inspector. Ten area residents were also in attendance
Chair Kranig called the regular meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited
A motion was made by Supervisor Schulenberg to approve the minutes of the February 20, 2017 Board Meeting. Supervisor Running seconded the motion. Motion carried 30.
GENERAL PUBLIC – NONE
FINANCIAL REPORT – Sue Larson reviewed the financial report with the Board. Report is attached and made a part of the record.
ROADS REPORT Roads Supervisor Parker gave the following report:
· Road bans were put on early this year
· Vandalism was done to the fence around the fuel tank when someone attempted to access the diesel fuel. They were unable to steal any fuel, but did considerable damage to the fence, which has since been repaired.
· Proposed road bids were presented to the Board. The clerk was instructed to place the proper legal notice with bids due by April 3, 2017. . Propose bid opening on April 3rd and the contracts will be awarded at the April 10th Board Meeting.
· Parker recommended hiring last year’s contractor to do the road sweeping on McKinley, Tower and Peterson Roads
· Work to begin on the rental property with the removal of trees and the demolition of the septic field
· Discussed need for larger culvert on Tower when we redo that road in 2018. May be able to get bridge aid to share in the cost. Kerry was instructed to get estimates on the cost of 10 x 12 culvert and a 12 x 12 culvert.
BUILDING INSPECTOR REPORT –
· Building Inspector Hankel reported that there are two new homes currently under construction in the Town, but construction has been delayed until the road bans are lifted.
· Concerns with length of time it takes for a new address to be assigned by the county. He will need to work with county on this.
OLD BUSINESS –
· David Steindl came before the board to discuss again the size of his proposed expansion to his building. Chair Kranig informed him that he needs to appeal the decision back to the county
· The draft agreements for use of the Town of Seymour ball fields were reviewed again this month. Suggested changes were made and Sue was instructed to prepare a draft application for use of the ball field and to have the Town Attorney review the agreements before the Board adopts them.
· Codification of ordinances – Sue was instructed to update the draft with the suggested changes made by the Chair and the Supervisors.
· Building Permit Fees – A motion was made by Supervisor Running to increase the Building Permit fees recommended by Building Inspector Hankel and that the rates would remain in effect at the new approved rate until December 31, 2019. Motion seconded by Chair Kranig. Motion carried 3-0.
· Rug and Laundry Services. A motion was made by Supervisor Running to approve a new contract with Huebsch for laundry and rug services at the rate specified in their proposal and the clerk was instructed to ask for a 3 year contract with the locked in rate, versus the proposed 5 year contract with the last two years of an increased price. Motion seconded by Supervisor Schulenberg.
NEW BUSINESS –
· Operator’s Licenses – A motion was made by Supervisor Schulenberg to approve the Operator’s Licenses for Nancy Whaley. Motion seconded by Supervisor Running. Motion carried 3-0
· Liquor License – Motion made by Supervisor Running to approve the Class “B” Combination Liquor and Fermented Beverage license for Barbara Prueher and Kurt Moltz, dba The Brown Hut contingent upon the final purchase of the property. Motion seconded by Supervisor Schulenberg. Motion carried 3-0.
· Verizon Wireless Tower – A motion was made by Chair Kranig to not object to the replacement of the 195’ guyed tower on North 50th with a 195’ self-supported structure in the same location. Motion seconded by Supervisor Schulenberg. Motion carried 3-0.
COMMUNICATIONS/ ITEMS FOR NEXT MONTH’S AGENDA
Next regular Board meeting date set for Monday, April 10, 2017
VOUCHERS APPROVED 32365 - 32396
Motion to adjourn at 8:35 pm
Respectfully submitted by:
Sue Larson, Clerk Treasurer