TOWN OF SEYMOUR BOARD MEETING Vol. 30 Page 1
A meeting of the Seymour Town Board was held Monday; January 9, 2017. Notice was posted at, Seymour Town Hall, Township Fire Dept. Station 1- Seymour, and at www.townofseymour.orgunder “Agendas”.
Board members present were Douglas Kranig, Chair, Sheila Running, Supervisor; and Gary Schulenberg, Supervisor. Also present were Sue Larson, Clerk/Treasurer; Laura Konwinski, Deputy Clerk/Treasurer, Kerry Parker, Roads Supervisor; and residents David Steindl and Ed Michaels.
Chair Kranig called the regular meeting to order at 7:03 p.m.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited
A motion was made by Supervisor Schulenberg to approve the minutes of the December 12, 2016 Board Meeting. Supervisor Running seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
GENERAL PUBLIC – NONE
FINANCIAL REPORT – Sue Larson reviewed the financial report with the Board
ROADS REPORT given by Roads Supervisor Parker:
· Primarily occupied with plowing and clearing streets
· Three heaters in the Rec Building are not working. New ones ordered at a cost of $175 each
· Will be working on inventory this month
BUILDING INSPECTOR REPORT - None
OLD BUSINESS –
· David Steindl came before the board to request reconsideration of the board’s previous recommendation to the County for the size of his proposed building. The board had previously recommended limiting the size of his addition to no more than 48’ x 32’ and David is requesting a 72’ x 48’ addition. Chair Kranig will talk with the county on this request.
· Draft agreements for use of the Town of Seymour ball fields were reviewed. One is an Agreement between the Town of Seymour and the Seymour Ball Club for annual use and the other is for occasional use by other organizations. Action tabled until next month.
· The draft of the Town Code Book prepared by Attorney Hibbard was provided for review to all board members. Further discussion tabled until next meeting.
NEW BUSINESS - None
COMMUNICATIONS/ ITEMS FOR NEXT MONTH’S AGENDA
· A motion was made by Chair Kranig to go into Closed Session pursuant to Wisconsin Statutes Section 19.85(c ) to discuss Employee Compensation for 2017 and to return to open session by 8:35 pm. Motion seconded by Supervisor Running. Roll Call vote: Schulenberg, Aye; Running, Aye; Kranig, Aye. Motion carried
The Board went into Closed Session at 8:30 pm.
The Board came back into Open Session at 8:35 pm.
A motion was made by Supervisor Running to approve an annual wage increase in the amount of $500.00 for the Clerk Treasurer position. Motion seconded by Chair Kranig. Motion carried.
Next regular Board meeting date set for Monday, February 13, 2017
VOUCHERS APPROVED 32248 - 32304
Meeting adjourned at 8:40 pm
Respectfully submitted by:
Sue Larson, Clerk Treasurer