TOWN OF SEYMOUR BOARD MEETING Vol. 30 Page 3
A meeting of the Seymour Town Board was held Monday; February 20, 2017. Notice was posted at, Seymour Town Hall, Township Fire Dept. Station 1- Seymour, and at www.townofseymour.orgunder “Agendas”.
Board members present were Sheila Running, Supervisor; and Gary Schulenberg, Supervisor. Chair Kranig was absent. Also present were Sue Larson, Clerk/Treasurer and Fred Hankel, Building Inspector.
Supervisor Running called the regular meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
A motion was made by Supervisor Schulenberg to approve the minutes of the January 9, 2017 Board Meeting. Supervisor Running seconded the motion. Motion carried 2-0.
GENERAL PUBLIC – NONE
FINANCIAL REPORT – Sue Larson reviewed the financial report with the Board. Report is attached and made a part of the record.
BUILDING INSPECTOR REPORT –
· Building Inspectord Hankel reported on the new Statewide On-Line Building Permit system that will be required by the state for all new construction permits issued. The system is available now, however, it is not mandatory until January 1, 2018. Hankel suggested we set a goal of mid summer 2017 to be active on the system. The new system will require monthly reporting to the state with significant fines for failure to report timely.
· Building Inspector Hankel requested that the Board review the rates being charged for building permits and to consider making some changes. This was not on the agenda, and therefore, was tabled until next meeting.
ROADS REPORT given by Sue Larson in absence of Kerry Parker, Roads Supervisor:
· Road bans were put on today
· Salt/ Sand used in January was approximately 314 tons or almost half of what we had on hand.
· New mower deck was purchased for $1550.
· Picked up two couches and ottoman from ditches today
· Will start patching potholes tomorrow
OLD BUSINESS –
· The draft agreements for use of the Town of Seymour ball fields were reviewed again this month. It was suggested to table the action on these agreements until next meeting.
· No action was taken on the draft of the Town Code Book. Further discussion tabled until next meeting.
NEW BUSINESS –
· Garbage Haulers Permits – A motion was made by Supervisor Schulenberg to approve all of the applications for Garbage Haulers permits that were listed on the agenda. Motion seconded by Sheila Running. Motion carried 2-0.
· Operator’s Licenses – A motion was made by Supervisor Schulenberg to approve the Operator’s Licenses for Sarah Evans and Zachary Watkins. Motion carried 2-0
COMMUNICATIONS/ ITEMS FOR NEXT MONTH’S AGENDA
Supervisor Running reported on the first Planning Commission meeting that was held last week with Lance Gurney from the County Planning and Development.
Next regular Board meeting date set for Monday, March 13, 2017
VOUCHERS APPROVED 32305 - 32364
Motion to adjourn at 8:10 pm
Respectfully submitted by:
Sue Larson, Clerk Treasurer