TOWN OF SEYMOUR
BOARD OF REVIEW
WEDNESDAY, JULY 26, 2017
AT 5:00 PM
6500 TOWER DRIVE
EAU CLAIRE, WI 54703
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Confirmation of appropriate Board of Review and Open Meeting Notices
4. Select a Chairperson for Board of Review
5. Select a Vice Chairperson for Board of Review
6. Verify that a member has met the mandatory training requirements
7. Verify that the Village has an ordinance for the confidentiality of income and expense information provided to the assessor under state law (sec 70.47 (7)(af).
8. Review of new laws (if applicable) (No new laws since 2016)
9. Adoption of policy regarding the procedure for sworn telephone testimony and sworn written testimony.
10. Adoption of policy regarding the procedure for waiver of Board of Review hearing requests
11. Filing and summary of Annual Assessment Report by Assessor’s Office – Receipt of Assessor’s affidavit.
12. Review the Assessment Roll and perform Statutory Duties:
a. Examine the roll
b. Correct descriptions or calculation errors
c. Add omitted property
d. Eliminate double assessed property.
13. Discussion/Action – Certify all corrections of error under state law
14. Discussion/Action – Verify with the assessor that open book changes are included in the assessment roll.
15. Allow taxpayers to examine assessment data
16. During the first two hours, consideration of:
a. Waivers of the required 48 hour notice of intent to file an objection when there is good cause
b. Requests for waiver of BOR hearing allowing the property owner an appeal directly to circuit court
c. Requests to testify by telephone or submit sworn written statements
d. Subpoena requests
e. Act on any other legally allowed/required Board of Review matters.
17. Review Notices of Intent to File Objection
18. Proceed to hear objections, if any and if proper notice/waivers given unless scheduled for another date
19. Consider/act on scheduling additional Board of Review Date(s)
20. Adjourn (to future date if necessary)
Sue Larson, Clerk
Posted on July 24, 2017
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT MEMBERS OF AND POSSIBLY A QUORUM OF MEMBERS OF THE TOWN BOARD MAY BE IN ATTENDANCE AT THE ABOVE-STATED MEETING TO GATHER INFORMATION; NO ACTION WILL BE TAKEN BY ANY GOVERNMENTAL BODY AT THE ABOVE-STATED MEETING OTHER THAN THE GOVERNMENTAL BODY SPECIFICALLY REFERRED TO ABOVE IN THIS NOTICE.
PLEASE NOTE THAT, UPON REASONABLE NOTICE, EFFORTS WILL BE MADE TO ACCOMMODATE THE NEEDS OF DISABLED INDIVIDUALS THROUGH APPROPRIATE AIDS AND SERVICES. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR TO REQUEST THIS SERVICE, CONTACT THE TOWN CLERK’S OFFICE AT 715.834.4999