Home : Frequently Asked Questions

  Frequently Asked Questions...


Where do I pay my property taxes?

Property tax bills are mailed in mid to late December each year.  Payment in full or the 1st installment is due by January 31st to the Town of Seymour in person or by mail. The second installment is due by July 31st, payable to the Eau Claire County treasurer's office.

1st Installment: Payable to the Town of Seymour

Town of Seymour

Sue Larson, Clerk/Treasurer

6500 Tower Drive

Eau Claire, WI 54703


2nd Installment: Payable to Eau Claire County

Eau Claire County 

Glenda Lyons, Eau Claire County Treasurer

721 Oxford avenue

Eau Claire, WI 54703


The Town of Seymour will be open Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM for tax collection. The first installment is due by January 31st to the Town of Seymour. You can also pay the full amount by January 31st to the Town of Seymour. 

Where do I get a dog license?

State law requires all dogs over the age of 5 months to be licensed by April 1st of each calendar year. A dog license can be obtained at the Seymour Town Hall during regular office hours from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM, Monday through Friday. A current copy of the dog's rabies vaccination certificate must be brought along at the time the license is applied and paid for.

Click on the following link for a dog license application which can be submitted by mail:

Seymour Dog License Application

Can I get a dog license by mail?

Yes, please send a completed Seymour Dog License Application, along with a copy of the current rabies vaccination certificate, a self-addressed stamped envelope, and include the correct fee for each dog.

What is the cost of a dog license?

If your pet is neutered/spayed the cost is $7.00.  If not, the cost is $18.00. If you fail to license your dog before March 31st of the current year, a $5.00 late fee must to be included for each dog you are licensing.  (Late fee does not apply to new puppies that have just received their first rabies vaccination or anyone who has just moved to the town after March 31st, as long as you apply for your license within 2 weeks).  The fine for unlicensed dogs goes up to $50.00 after May 31st.

Do I need a license for my cat?

Not at this time.

Who should I contact about zoning?

The Town of Seymour is under Eau Claire County Zoning requirements. Please contact Eau Claire County Planning and Development at (715) 839-4741.

Do I need a Building Permit?

Yes, most projects will require a Town Building Permit and Eau Claire County Land Use Permit.  New homes will start with a Drive-way Permit from the Town and then continue to Eau Claire County for the Sanitary Permit, Erosion Control Permit and Land Use Permit.  Once those are all obtained you may call the Seymour Building Inspector for your Building Permit.

Who is the Town building inspector?

The Town building inspector is Fred Hankel.  He does not keep regular office hours, but can be reached at  715.577.7983. Please leave a detailed message.  Plan approvals and inspections can normally be completed within a 48 hour turn around time.

Who do I contact regarding my property assessment?

Bowmar Appraisal Inc. is located at 2706 Birch St, Eau Claire, WI  54703. Their office phone number is 715.835.1141.   Watch for Board of Review dates posted in May each year.

What is the Town of Seymour's phone number? 

The Town of Seymour’s phone number is 715.834.4999

What is the landfill phone number?

715.830.0263 For hours of operation and tipping fees - please call them directly.  The landfill is privately owned, it is called the Advanced Disposal Seven Mile Landfill.

Can I use the landfill for free?

Seymour Residents may obtain a free permit from the Town Hall during office hours. Residents may use the landfill for free on Tuesday afternoons from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM and on Saturday mornings from 8:00 AM to 11:30 AM. The landfill will accept household garbage only (building materials and tires are NOT accepted).

If you are applying for a landfill permit for the first time, please bring proof of residence and apply for the permit in-person from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM Monday through Friday at the Town Hall. If you need to change your vehicle or license plate number, please call the Town of Seymour Office at (715) 834.4999.

Where do I vote?

You will vote at the Seymour Town Hall, 6500 Tower Drive, Eau Claire, WI 54703.  The polls are open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on election day. 

EB-131 Voter Registration

EB-121 Absentee Ballot Request Form

I'd love to be a poll worker, who do I call?

You can contact either Sue Larson, Clerk/Treasurer or Sylvia Meyer, Chief Election Inspector.  FYI:  Our poll workers are paid $9.00/hour and are appointed for a two year term.  715.834.4999

Does the Town accept credit card payments?

Yes but only for tax payments.  We use a third party "Official Payments Corp.".  There is a 3% service charge to use their service.  The Town will only receive your tax amount and none of their service charge.  You can call 1.800.2PayTax   (1.800.272.9829) or go to www.officialpayments.com to make tax payments. Town of Seymour jurisdiction code is 6799.  Use this code prior to January 31.

On what holidays is the town hall office closed?

Our town office is closed on the following holidays:  New Year's Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.